An article is essentially an adjective. Articles are adjective-like modifiers of nouns.
‘The’ and ‘a/an’ are the two articles in English. A/an is used for non-specific or non-particular nouns while the is used for specific or particular nouns.
A/ AN Uses
- noun starting with a consonant
- noun starting with a consonant sound
- noun starting with a pronounced “h”
- noun beginning with a vowel
- nouns starting with the silent “h”
Read more, and print free worksheets about the articles at AcademySimple.